Antonio Banderas Has Recovered From COVID-19

August 26, 2020
    Categories: 

    Antonio Banderas no longer has COVID-19.

    The Spanish actor officially announced on his social media that he has recovered from the deadly virus.

    Banderas issued the news in English and Spanish while posting a photoshopped image of himself kicking away the virus.

    “After 21 days of disciplinary confinement I can say now that today I overcame the Covid 19 infection,” he captioned the photo. “I am cured. My thoughts go to those who weren’t as fortunate as me, and to those who suffered more than I did. I also wish strength to the ones who are in the middle of the fight.”

    Earlier this month, on his 60th birthday, the Spanish actor announced that he contracted COVID-19.

    The "Pain and Glory" star shared a baby photo of himself on social media accompanied by a message in Spanish in which he wrote, “I find myself forced to celebrate my 60th birthday under quarantine after testing positive for COVID-19.”

    Banderas continued, explaining that he is doing “relatively well," though he admitted that he is “a bit more tired than usual.”

    In the post, he said that he will recuperate soon “following the medical instructions that I hope will allow me to overcome the infectious process that I’m experiencing and that is already affecting so many people around the world.”

    Banderas said he used his time in isolation to “read, write, rest and keep making plans to begin to give meaning to my brand-new 60 years to which I’m arriving full of enthusiasm and hope.”

    LISTEN NOW on the RADIO.COM App
    Follow RADIO.COM
    Facebook | Twitter | Instagram